October 3, 2014

Babacino and me have decided we want to make Dream Catchers!

As it happens, when something that is quite important, needs to be made, it is often the culmination of lots of seemingly little things and ideas all disparetly collected up and kept safe, for one day, for something. 

It's sort of like lots of little soldier ants waiting to find the long line of marching ants to join and start marching!

I have a bottle of Modge Podge. I found out about Modge Podge long long ago, and I bought some, and I've been really wanting to play with it. It's quite American. I suspect we have a similar product here, but I just like the name, and I love the enthusiasm of the American Makers who make things with Modge Podge with their hands, and I want to see what it feels like! Now it is time, nearly!

And if you read about Angels, it is true that they leave signs for us like feathers, coins, and all kinds of things. Not all are things things, they can be inanimate, but if we walk around, with our eyes open for treasures, we will find them. And then we can collect, them, for Dream Catchers! 

I dont know how I got the idea of making Dream Catchers, I guess I always liked dream catchers, but they can be a bit twee can't they. 
But they dont have to be! What about the true original Dream Catchers ?  

Also, I think its from thinking about my little sister, who is like a real live Angel. If you met her, you would just know!! I think it would be nice right now, for her to have a dream catcher to help her collect her dreams and keep them safe. And actually I think everyone should have a dream catcher, but, a real one of course. I think its fair to say, that that dream catchers  surely only really work if they are made with some ones hands! and if they are made by the maker with a certain intention mixed naturally with universe intention.


Other things about our Dream Catchers - I think they are like Mandala's which are also about the maker, so if we make a dream catcher for someone, its extra powerful because while we are making it, we're connecting somehow in some kind of magical way. I cant explain. Its a feeling. 
This is about Mandalas  

So, me and Babacino need to get busy and start collecting, and sorting and safekeeping, and also to be purest, we also have a lot of dreaming and exploring and playing to do, so that we can make beautiful Dream Catchers for all the people that we love! 

To start, here are our first harvest of Autumn Leaves...and my book that I just started reading. It generally takes me about 3 or 4 months now to read a book these days [thats also why we're starting the dream catchers now, so that we can finish them before the end of the year, hopefully!] , So this one, is a good one, because its a collection of stories, AND its written by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, who wrote Women who run with Wolves,  One of the most powerful thought provoking and life changing books I have ever read. So I am quite excited to read it. Right now it's with our leaves, breathing and feeling earthy. 
I wish I could put the smell of our leaves onto this blog, they are wonderful, our leaves!! I love them!! They are going to be great in our Dream Catchers. 

Oh, before we go, I must mention this The Artful Parent.  She blogs about Art for kids, never ending streams of ideas and energy and things.  I think that's where I got the awesome idea of using autumn leaves, and that kind of tied into the dream catchers, perfectly.  I will no doubt gratefully use some of her ideas, once we start the journey of the dream catcher making! When Babacino is a bit bigger and can make things with his hands, we'll have lots of ideas to try. And well have no shortage of sunshine and trees and land and the sea places to explore and collect and make things, when we are in Sicily!

Here are our pictures:
Tomorrow I will get some pics of my leaf collector helper being amongst the leaves. We had to collect in a rush today to get back for bath time!!


And we need to star collecting pictures of cool dream catchers and mandala's made by other makers,  for our research!
ok. time to sleep and collect dreams for the dream catcher makers!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Do you know that there is a novel written by Stephen King, whose title is "The Dream Catcher"?