November 10, 2016

Gabriel's new paints! and something about far away

Today, Gabriel never went to school. We had a day together for a special treat. Childhood is so short, I need to relish it. Soon he will be in 'big school' .. and all that that brings...

Today we bought some paints, like Flora's! and we did painting!
The first two are Gabriel's first paintings,at least with me [thank goodness his school is one where kids can get their hands dirty and it's actually encouraged!] The paintings are in order, but along with painting on paper,  my face got painted,  my hands, the table, and other items within the vacinity of the paint box! Being with children is expansive!

I love these paintings. They make me so happy and so sad at the same time.
I am so happy to see my little boy making with his hands and asking for 'gialo' but I am so sad for other reasons.. I am sure I am absolutely biased but I just love these paintings so much.

The third painting he did when I was at work, and he was with his Papi. I love that one too.
It is kind of how I feel. How lovely to see a mirror of myself, and how ironic that it's my 3 year old son that created it.

I have put these pictures on the wall of the house we live in. I feel so happy that my little boy has made some pictures at 'home' because that was my dream, to live in a creative family where people made things with their hands every day and we talked not just through words but through being together in a creative space, making, be that with colour, music, words, lego, stuff, whatever. A space where everyone had a voice and everyone felt heard, at least some of the time, and seen, at least some of the time. I feel that these little pictures are a tiny window onto that world. I am sad about the circumstances and everything that looms outside of this tiny window of happiness.

 I feel sad that at the age of 3, I feel I am curbing and limitting his life through the circumstances we find ourselves in, and mine too [I have only been a mommy for 4 years, if I include he tummy time, which is vital, so I am a 4 year old mommy!]

I want to write about flutes, flutes don't take up much space and are gentle but resonant voices. I But it is too late. I will write tomorrow. or the next day.
But for now, I am enjoying Bevani's flute channel on youtube.

The main thing is that I wanted to say something about Gabriel's paintings, before his childhood flies away ...






No comments: