July 20, 2014

Anchors and Post-It-Notes

Sunday 20 July,

The day after the lovely Chiltern 50km Ultra You gotta have a break from Italian SOME days! AND running gives you energy and helps with life and allows for more consuming of buono buono pane e pasta e dolci!
Reminds me, a little trivia: How me and Mio Marioto met!! We met in Madrid. At a race. Naturalmente...:)
The first running of the 100km Madrid to Segovia. Little did I know, that a few years later, we`d be sposato!! AND have the cutest 1 year old bambino in the world! So that`s the story in a very very few little words.. I shall try to find a picture of that that race a bit later, just for the record.

So back to blogging and Italian and emersion

Expat type BLOGS/SITES I HAVE FOUND THAT I LIKE, I hope they don`t mind me linking them [sites not in any particular order]. I think I have a few more, I`ll add them as we go along

Surviving Italy
Married to Italy
Unwilling Expat - The world from Sicily
The dangerously truthful diary of a Sicilian housewife
English Man in Italy
Ricks Rome
The Florence Diaries
Girl in Florence
Tim Parks - a great writer, and Brit living in Italy

And some language blogs-sites, some of which are a little repetition of yesterday, but right now, this is my transportable storage page!! aka "Anchors and Post-It-Notes"

Learning Italian
The Iceberg Project
Babel
Learn Italian for free, LOTS of excercises
DuoLingo
Learn Italian with Lucrezia, lots of lovely podcasts
Conjugate the verb
the BEST in my opinion on-line Italian-English dictionary

What I have recently grasped, I think. Ok its the basics but here goes. Firstly, I am only at the stage of present tense verbs, and a LITTLE of the possato prossomo, thanks to Lucrezia! and a TINY bit of futuro, but only for VERY few verbs mostly the ones out of the Bibs story book.
I am trying to get the present tense ones right first. AND I have understood the concept of a REFLEXIVE verb. That is something you do to yourself so like "farsi la barba" - I am shaving/doing my beard. In Italian, words used in different contexts can take on completely different meanings.
Fare for example,  can mean a whole list of things: to do, to make, to produce, to manufacture, to create, to be, to get.


Ok but the verbs I think are probably the most important in Italian, and which I know off by heart now and I need to Make Sentences with, more are

ESSERE - to be, to exist
Presente                             Passato Prossimo
io  sono                             io sono stato/stata       
tu  sei                              tu sei stato/stata
lui/lei è                            lui/lei stato/stata
noi siamo                            siamo stati/state
voi siete                            voi siete stati/state
loro sono                            Loro/loro sono stati/state

STARE - to be, to stay, remain, stand, be situated, live; to fit, depend (on); to be about to
Presente                            Passato Prossimo
io  sto                             io sono stato/stata       tu  stai                            tu sei stato/stata
lui/lei sta                         lui/lei stato/stati
noi stiamo                          siamo stato/stati
voi state                           voi siete stato/stati
loro stanno                         Loro/loro sono stato/stati

FARE to do, to make
Presente                            Passato Prossimo
io  faccio                          io ho fatto              
tu  fai                             tu hai fatto
lui/lei fa                          lui/lei a fatto
noi faciamo                         abbiamo fatto
voi fate                            avete fatto
loro fanno                          hanno fatto


AVERE to have
Presente                            Passato Prossimo
io  ho                              io ho avuto             
tu  hai                             tu hai avuto
lui/lei ha                          lui/lei ha avuto
noi abbiamo                         noi abbiamo avuto
voi avete                           voi avete avuto
loro hanno                          loro hanno avuto

Now I need to write sentences onto paper with my hands. Thats tonights job.

In the meantime, here are some of my pictures from yesterdays Chiltern Ultra!!! including mio Marito and Babacino, but they are not exactly in order..
And then here is something by Mio Marito about the race, as he does! - Maurizio Crispi`s all things Running Magazine


so this blog post isn`t entirely finished, really, but tomorrow is another day! I need to do work on making my Anchors and writing my Post-It-Notes!!

















No comments: